Do you use Genesis R&D from an install
- in the cloud? Contact email@example.com and give them your TraceGains key.
- on your local computer? Follow the instructions below:
To install and use DataLink, you will need to have a Genesis API license Key (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this key) and the TraceGains API key from TraceGains. Follow these instructions to generate your DataLink key.
Before installing DataLink, we recommend that you backup your database. For instructions on how to do this see this article.
Important note: If Genesis R&D is already installed, you will need to uninstall and reinstall it in order to activate DataLink
- After backing up your database from the server location, uninstall the program (if installed) from the server location.
- Download the latest update from accounts.esha.com. Please contact email@example.com if you need help with your login credentials.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the Genesis R&D Install
- On the first page, accept the End User License Agreement and select the install location (Default is: C:\Program Files (x86)\ESHA Research\GenesisSQL) and then click next
- Enter your customer number and serial key.
- Check "Install DataLink with Genesis R&D" and click Next.
- In order to use DataLink, you will need to have a Genesis API license Key and the TraceGains API key from TraceGains and will enter it during installation or upgrade.
- The system will validate these keys with green checks and then the Next button will be enabled. Click Next to proceed. The next screen will verify the prerequisites are installed properly and should look like the following:
- Click Next. The next screen will populate from your existing configuration (ini) file. Confirm the details of this screen and click Install.