If you have an existing installation of Genesis or the Food Processor, and have moved to the cloud version, you can transfer all of your existing user created items to the new system.
The process is to Export your data from the existing, on-premises installation out to ESHA-specific file types. Specifically:
- Launch your existing Food Processor or Genesis software.
- Navigate to the Database Tab and select Export All.
- Choose what to be included in the export (we suggest all types, and not by Group, unless otherwise directed by a support agent).
- Designate a location on your computer to which you will save the output file(s). If you have a lot of user-added data, this export can take awhile (potentially hours, though rare), and the export will recommend the number of files to which the data will be split.
Note: For ease of importing (below), the use of your Desktop or Documents folders for the export is not advisable. The easiest location for exporting would be a new folder in the C drive. Create a C:\export or C:\temp folder to export into.
After exporting, you will log in to your ESHA Cloud account and launch the cloud application. Once in, to Import your data:
- Go to the Database ribbon and click on "Import".
- Browse to the location to which you saved your files in the Export section above (step 4).
Note that accessing your local computer from the Cloud version is a bit different, since in the cloud version you are connected to a remote server. Click here to learn how to access files that reside on your local computer.
- Open the EXL file(s).
- Select the appropriate option for how to handle possible duplicates. If this is before you've manually added anything to the cloud version, the defaults are best.
- Click OK.
Note this may take some time, again, depending on amount of data, as well as other factors like your internet connection speed, etc. Also note that there may be a pause before you even see the Import status appear - as the Import reads and loads the file before presenting anything onscreen. It's recommended to wait it out: the import will notify you if there is an error, or when complete.
If you would like assistance with this process, or if you have any troubles, feel free to contact Support.