Yes. Genesis R&D has the capability to produce an editable graphic file without the need for additional software. To actually edit the file, you will need Illustrator, Photoshop, or another graphics editing software, but Genesis itself can export ("print") the file with existing built-in functionality.
The entire Label Display ('View Label' from within the program) can be exported as a Vector graphics file. Even though the file extension is *.PDF, the Print As Vector function described below will produce an editable graphic file.
To export the label (and other objects) as a Vector:
- View the label as normal. Specifically, click the 'View Label' button on the Recipe tab of the ribbon.
- Right-click in the label display area:
- If you click directly on the Nutrition Facts panel and proceed with the remaining steps, only the panel itself will be in the output.
- If you click in the whitespace (not directly on the Nutrition Facts panel), the entire view will be in the output.
- In the right-click menu, choose Print as Vector.
- In the Printer dialog that appears, select a PDF driver. You may see 'novaPDF' or 'Genesis PDF Printer' among those listed, or if you have another PDF driver installed, you can use that as well.
- Click OK.
- If the PDF driver prompts for other aspects, follow those accordingly. For example, some may prompt for the file name & location.
- Provide the resulting PDF file to your graphics person. This should be editable as expected by PDF editing software.